Friday, June 17, 2011

Are overweight people welcome at nudist venues?

The story below highlights one of the things about nudism I like the most. Most of the nudists I've met in the past 40 years site the freedom and relaxing feelings they derive from being nude in a social situation. They also site being able to communicate freely, a doctor socializing with a trucker or minister with no sense of class distinctions. These feelings are all true. However, the most important thing I've observed over the years is that nudists are mostly non-judgemental. We accept people of all sizes, shapes, deformities, disabilities, or personal grooming in the form of tattoos, piercings, etc. I am always amazed at those textile folks who are so imbued with body shame that they make comments like, "Did you ever realize that 98% of people who are nudists are people you would never want to see nude?" This flatly demonstrates these people haven't got a clue about nudism or nudists. It is for this reason that I still embrace the nudist lifestyle and recommend it highly to those I meet.

Story: Can overweight men and plus size girls enjoy naturist holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment